This popular course provides managers and supervisors with the information they need to prevent workplace injuries and illnesses and to develop a safety culture in the workplace.
- Safety principles and risk management
- Rights and responsibilities of managers, supervisors and workers
- Hazard recognition and control measures
- Fire prevention and emergency preparedness
- Hazards and control measures for chemical, physical and biological hazards
- Ergonomics — practices to prevent musculoskeletal disorders
- Workplace inspection and accident investigation
- Developing and implementing effective workplace programs
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Find applicable OH&S legislation
- Know your health and safety responsibilities
- Determine ways of meeting your OH&S responsibilities
- Identify hazards and develop safe work practices
- Take leadership in developing and implementing an OH&S program
- Understand consequences of non-compliance
- Exercise due diligence
- Occupational health nurses
- Anyone who wants to understand and improve workplace health and safety
Prior technical knowledge of health and safety is not a requirement. However, familiarity with workplace processes and practices is helpful.
This classroom course includes the following credits/points:
- Board of Canadian Registered Safety Professionals (BCRSP) 1.0 CM Point
- Canadian Registration Board of Occupational Hygienists (CRBOH) 2.0 Maintenance Points (approval #2013-101)
Classroom — Contact Client Services at CCOHS to inquire about 1- and 2-day sessions currently scheduled in cities across Canada. There are also convenient on-site courses available. We'll work with you to customize and deliver our health & safety training course to your specific audience at your location. If several people are to be trained the on-site option saves time and money and will be more relevant to the audience.
Upcoming classroom dates
Please note that the classroom course is delivered in English language.
Two-day course: February 27 & 28, 2017
Location: CCOHS, 135 Hunter St E, Hamilton, ON
On-site — Of course, if it's more convenient, we can always come to you! We'll work with you to customize and deliver our health & safety training course to your specific audience at your location. If several people are to be trained, the on-site option saves time and money, and will be more relevant to the audience.
Register for the classroom course by contacting CCOHS Client Services at
1-800-668-4284 or e-mail Client Services.
To discuss customization or arrange for on-site instruction, e-mail Client Services or call 1-800-668-4284.
CCOHS courses are unique in that they are developed by subject specialists in the field and reviewed by representatives from labour, employers and government to ensure the content and approach are authoritative, useful, unbiased and credible.